There is a lot of software out there to help you accomplish any task you can think of, but how do you know what is the best to use? Well here is a list of software that I use, and most of this software is free.
- Chrome, this is my first pick
- Firefox, a classic!
- Brave Browser, this browser was started by the ousted Mozilla CEO.
- Bonus – Vivaldi Browser
- Bonus – Opera Browser
- Clementine, alternative to iTunes
- MusicBee, another alternative to iTunes
- Amazon Music, if you are an Amazon Prime member, you need to check this out!
- VLC (VideoLAN), this is media player can play almost any audio or video file
- Paint.NET, similar to Photoshop, but its free!
- XnView, recently Google announced they are no longer developing Picasa, this is a good alternative.
- Greenshot, this software makes taking screenshots in Windows very easy and allows you to edit the screenshots.
- Foxit Reader, this is a much better and free alternative to Adobe Reader
- LibreOffice, this is a free compatible replacement to Microsoft Office
- Office 365, if you are not a fan of Libre Office, you can’t beat Office 2016/365
- Google Drive, free, capable, online office suite
- Thunderbird, a free alternative to Microsoft Outlook, and Windows Live Mail
- Vipre Anti-Virus (not free), if you want the best protection use this, contact us to purchase this.
- Malwarebytes, this is a great malware removal program. Contact us to purchase the full version.
- Glasswire, this program monitors your internet connection so you can see what programs are using your internet connection. The pro version has even more features, such as managing your firewall. Try Your Free Download Today at GlassWire.com
Cloud Storage and Backup
- Dropbox, cloud storage and syncing
- Google Drive, Google’s answer to Dropbox
- OneDrive, Microsoft’s answer to Dropbox
- Macrium Reflect, this software backs up your whole computer for fast and easy recovery. Contact us to purchase this.
- OurNerd Online Backup, this is an online service to backup your important files.